About INSIGHT architects
INSIGHT architects, p.a. was established March 1, 2002, by Russ Phillips, A.I.A., and Dana Kauffman, A.I.A., LEED A.P., former partners since 1992. The depth of experience by both partners reaches back to 1977. INSIGHT shares the fundamental belief that design excellence is the result of the owner and experienced architects working together throughout each project.
INSIGHT is structured in a manner ensuring that the principals are actively involved in all projects. Working principals lend experience to project teams, improving levels of quality control and ensuring client contact. The office is based on a “studio” model where interactive teams of architects and interns respond to each project. INSIGHT architects employs predominately experienced licensed architects that provide continuity from a project’s start to its completion.
Please contact us to discuss your architectural needs:
INSIGHT architects has received national and regional awards including:
- Twenty Mile South Farm, Ada County - Global Smart 50 Award for Idaho's First Commercial Zero Net Energy Building, 2018
- Chateau des Fleurs, Eagle - Top Project of the Year, Idaho Business Review, 2016
- 2238 Broadway Office - Building Excellence Award from the City of Boise for Recognition of Excellence in Green Building Construction
- Office Buildings at 2234 & 2238 Broadway Avenue - Nominated for Better Bricks Energy Efficient Design Award
- Boise State University, Parking Structure #2 - Award for Best Concrete Project by Intermountain Contractors
- St. John's Cathedral - Building Excellence Award from the City of Boise for Best Accessibility Upgrade; Orchid award for the Cathedral's landscaping renovation from Preservation Idaho
- Boise Foothills Environmental Education Center - National Cooperative Conservation Award by the U.S. Department of the Interior
- Boise Foothills Environmental Education Center - Featured in Commercial Windows Institute Northwest Presentations (Part of Northwest Energy Alliance); U.S. Department of Interiors Award
- St. Luke’s Parking Structure - Award for Excellence in Concrete by ACI Intermountain Chapter
- Appleton Outdoor Tennis Center - National Outstanding Tennis Facility Award by United States Tennis Association; National Outstanding Tennis Facility Award by U.S. Tennis Court & Track Builders Association
- St. Joseph’s School - Featured in Western Regional AIA Convention Presentation on Daylighting & Energy Efficient Building Design